¿cuando hace salimos?


When do we leave?

For Costa Rica that is. Well my friends, I am so glad you asked!
We are leaving August 2nd - 11th and we can't be more thrilled! I have told you before how I believe a piece of me is forever engraved into that mountainside.

We have already had a fundraiser (humongous yard sale) that generated the team quite a bit of dough. We are planning a pancake breakfast at our church on the 13th. We are sending our support letters tomorrow!

As I did last year, I would like to ask all of you to pray for Eric and I and the rest of the team going to Costa Rica this year. Pray specifically for:

- unity within the team
- traveling mercy
- positive attitudes
- open hearts ready and willing to serve the Lord
- our fearless leader (and my pastor's wife) Kim

Thank you so much for your prayers in advance, and if you feel the Lord leading you to participate financially to our trip, please contact me at heathersevans@gmail.com.

"If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God my be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and power forever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

God bless!

3 comments:

  1. how exciting, heather! i hear costa rica is beautiful -- hubs was there on missions a few years ago said it was gorgeous!
    what will you be doing there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beyond beautiful!
    We serve a missionary family there in anyway they need from planting, building, ministering to the locals, vbs for the village kids, etc.
    We don't have a plan ahead of time because that is not how Costa Rica works! It's very go with the flow, which is good for my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! So nice to meet you. I am going to the Nazarene church but it is a Spanish service they have there on Sunday nights. I have met Pastor Matt and Gaby once before but it has been a few years.

    I am so glad you get to go to Costa Rica. I loved living there and ministering to the people. I will be praying for you as you prepare and go. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego