great grub 17

I told you a while ago that my great grub series was going Lebanese for a few weeks in honor of my grandmother. So I am back with another super traditional Arabic dish. This is an item that my grandmother always has in her refrigerator. It is basically the Arabic version of a garden salad. I love it! I do have to apologize though, I watched my grandmother make these and she never measures. Don't hold me to these exact measurements, because they are a little subjective.

Tabouleh (pronounced "tah-bool-ay")
Parsley Salad


Ingredients:
- 2 lb. parsley
- 1 cup cracked wheat
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 tsp fresh or dried mint
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper

Directions:
Chop and soak the parsley to remove dirt. Add enough water to the cracked wheat to make a paste and let sit for 30 minutes. Add the onion, tomato, and parsley to the cracked wheat. Mix in the olive oil and lemon juice. Generously salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy with Lebanese bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego