great grub 11

Remember those recipes mom used to make when you were little? I am the oldest of 4, and there were a lot of times we didn't have a lot of money and my mom had to be pretty creative. Those recipes (which she dubbed "mom surprise" when we asked "what's for dinner?") have become some of my favorites! Thanks for some awesome recipes mom!

Texas 'Taters

Ingredients: (recipe for 2, can be doubled)
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup salsa
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 lb. ground turkey, cooked (optional)

Directions:
Bake potatoes in the oven for 1 hour or until soft. Allow potatoes to cool to the touch. Split the potatoes open on top, being careful not to ruin the shape of the potato. Scoop the inside of the potatoes out into a bowl, leaving the skin intact. Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl with the potatoes, excluding a small portion of cheese. Mix all ingredients well and the scoop back into both potatoes. Yes, they will be overstuffed! Top with the remaining cheese. Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego