great grub 4

All right people get ready for some good eatin. I have mentioned this recipe before when I blogged about Wednesday night girl's night dinners. Pizza is one of America's favorite foods. I love America and I love food, but I also love arabic cuisine. So when my friend Kimberly came up with the idea of hummus pizza I jumped at the chance to try it!

Instead of your regular marinara sauce - based pizza, this one is hummus based! It also incorporates a variety of arabic/greek flavorings. Feel free to play around with this recipe and add your own favorites to it.

Here you go!

Hummus Pizza

Ingredients:
- store bought whole wheat pizza crust (12")
- homemade hummus (see previous great grub)
or store bought works just fine
- 1 package feta cheese crumbles
- 20 to 30 calamata olives
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, caramelized
- 1 can marinated artichokes
- olive oil, salt, pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.
Chop onion however you like it and put into a saute pan over medium heat coated with olive oil. Saute onions until tender and brown. Chop artichoke into bite sized pieces. Pit and chop calamata olives. Spread hummus over pizza crust. Top with olives, diced tomatoes, onion, and artichokes. Spread the feta cheese over the pizza. Salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle olive over the entire pizza lightly. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melty.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego