great grub

It is a goal of mine to someday have time to cook every night of the week. We spend entirely too much money going out to eat every month. In my quest to do so, I have collected a bevy of recipes that are quick, easy, inexpensive, and good for you! I'll share some I have found. Disclaimer: not all of these are my original recipes. Some start as ideas, and then morph into frankensteining recipes together. Some I have stolen from friends and family. Some are straight up Rachel Ray or Giada De Laurentiis.

Wednesday nights a few of us girls get together for "girls night" at my friend Sarah's house and we cook...and talk...and laugh. (She has a 16 month old and 4 month old twins, so we go to her!) She is a vegetarian, so I have had to become very creative with my menus. Since the first of the year I have been cooking 2-3 vegetarian meals a week at my house. They are usually healthier and inexpensive. It has really broadened my horizons, and I am not a picky eater at all! A few of my favorite vegetarian recipes to date: 1. sweet potato fries and spinach dip 2. black bean, onion, and cheese quesadillas 3. mexican lentil casserole 4. hummus pizza.


Sweet Potato Fries
Ingredients
-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch sticks
-vegetable oil
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/4 tsp. cayenne
-1 tsp. brown sugar

Preheat oven to 375. Arrange the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet so that they are not overlapping. Drizzle vegetable oil to coat all sides of the fries. Sprinkle salt, cayenne, and brown sugar. Toss with your hands to coat evenly. Bake for 30 minutes, turning them over halfway. Enjoy with honey mustard!

If you want any of the other recipes, just email me at heathersevans@gmail.com! I will be posting more recipes later.

1 comment:

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego