craving...

I want some pinto!



This is primarily what we ate while we were in Costa Rica. Pinto (or Gallo Pinto) is rice and beans. But it is so much more than that! We ate it everyday at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This year I brought oatmeal packets with me because I thought maybe I would want  a break from all that rice and beans (especially having just come off the Maker's Diet!) but you know what?

I never ate my oatmeal.

I take that as just another sign that I should be living in Costa Rica!

Anyway, here is the key ingredient in said pinto:


I definitely bought a bottle of this loveliness to take with me. Actually I bought 3 bottles. 1 for me, 1 for my friend Sarah, and 1 for my friend Sarah's sister (who used to live there!).

Sarah just happens to have the recipe posted here on her blog...and I just happen to be nice enough to share it with you.

You're welcome.

1 comment:

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego