thirty hours

This past weekend marked our second annual Thirty Hour Famine. You can learn more about it here. Eric and I have been helping to lead our church's youth group for over 2 years. We have grown to know and absolutely love and adore the kids we have. The best part for me has been watching them grow in the love and knowledge of Christ. This weekend just solidified how far they have come.

There were some marked differences from last years Famine to this year. Some on our part with planning, but mostly with the kids. They rarely complained, were quick to help, and had good attitudes throughout our thirty hours together. I can't even describe how proud I am of them.

Last year, I won't lie, I left the Famine thinking "never again." This year I left thinking, "how about next week?"

God has really placed these kids on my heart. I know it isn't our job to raise them in the ways of our Lord, but it is our job to uplift them and help guide them in spiritual walk. I am privileged to be a part of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego