ode to my mom
Today was my mom's 54th birthday. We celebrated with smoked brisket, potato salad, baked beans, and homemade yeast rolls. Of course, there was chocolate cake (she is a cake eater!) for dessert. Here is a list of things that I love about my mom and how she made my childhood special. No, you aren't going to understand them all, but I will!
- she is super goofy
- she makes amazing barnyard noises (they make great wake-up calls)
- saturday brunch in the living room
- she taught me how to cook
- she taught me how to clean
- she taught me how to be responsible so I wasn't afraid to leave home
- she taught me financial reasoning
- she bakes the most A-M-A-Z-I-N-G cinnamon rolls
- mom surprise!
- she loved me through my "pain in the rear" years
- she did her best as a single parent for a while
- I never knew we lacked, ever.
- she gave me three awesome younger siblings
- she always treated me like the oldest (I appreciate this now, not then)
- she had high expectations
- she never judged me
- she listened
- banana poppers, salami and cheese roll ups, Boy George
- painting rocks
- she is still there when I need her
I could go on, but I'll save some for next year!
Love you Mom!