stop making excuses

My heart aches for this world that we live in. It aches for the nonbelievers. More so, it aches for the believers who lost their way. For the ones who don't understand what the point to all of this is. It's love people. The main complaints and indescretions from believers and nonbelievers alike that I hear constantly are listed below. I believe we use these as excuses to not grow in the Lord. Here is what scripture has to say about it.

- "God doesn't hear me/care about me."
- The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.
(Psalm 145:18-20)

- "Why hasn't God answered my prayer for marriage?"
- There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
(Ecclesiastes 3)

- "My children are driving me crazy."
- Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
(Psalm 127 3:5)

There are so many more than the ones I have listed. I myself am guilty of being anxious, greedy, gluttonous...the bible makes reference (many times more than once) to all of these sins.

Maybe we should be more conscious of saying these things. God loves us. Hands down he loves us more than anyone we have ever met here on earth. The bible is nothing but one big love story written specifically for me and you. We need to stop worrying so much about what God's plan is for our life that we miss the daily opportunities we have to bless other people that he puts in our lives.

He is sovereign. (Psalm 68:20)
He has a plan. (Jeremiah 29:11)
He does not have to let me in on it. (Psalm 139 should prove that)
Even if he did, I probably wouldn't understand it. (Isaiah 55:8)
So I will love. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8, Galations 5:22, Romans 13:8-10, 1 John 3:17, I could go on...)
And I will not complain. (James 5:9)





1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really like this. Its so true...God has done so much for us and will continue to do so forever and we have to decide whether or not we're going to live the life. We've got to dig into his word and decide whether or not we're going to believe it and make the decision that our attitude will follow. "Put up or shut up" if you will. So glad you are my sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego