great grub 15

I recently went to Massachusetts to visit my dad and grandmother (we call her Tata). My dad's family is from Lebanon. He was born in Zahle, about 30 minutes from Beirut, the capitol. Over the last couple years I have been very interested in learning how to cook lebanese food. Tata doesn't have ANY recipes written down and she never measures. So I watch and eyeball and write everything down when I see her. Now I am going to share some with you! We will start simple...

Salata (Salad)

Ingredients:

- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup dried mint
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- salt

Directions:
Whisk oil and lemon juice together with the salt in the bottom of a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss until coated. Salad should be very wet. Eat with lebanese bread!!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego