great grub 13

Well we all know what holiday is right around the corner! Every year since I was about 8 years old I have been responsible for the pumpkin pies at Thanksgiving. It is definitely my favorite food for this day. I have tweaked this recipe about a million times, but I finally have one that is simple and delicious. This year I may just try my friend Sarah's pie crust! (Side note: My father-in-law is diabetic but loves pumpkin pie, so I will be posting his version soon!)

Perfect Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin
- 1 12oz. can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 9" deep dish pie crust (homemade or frozen)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425˚F
Mix the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir the pumpkin into the eggs. Add the spice mixture. Slowly stir in the evaporated milk. Carefully pour mixture into pie shell. Bake at 425˚F for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350˚F and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for at least 2 hours. Can be refrigerated but do not freeze as the filling will separate from the crust. Serve with homemade whipped cream!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego