the one anothers

My Pastor constantly talks about how we should be treating people. In fact, our church is based on the principle: Love God, Love People. And I think it is important enough that I included it on my blog header (permission to scroll up and check granted).

The Bible is chock full of what he (my Pastor) calls "the one anothers." Commandments from God on how we as Christians should treat each other, and those that don't yet know Christ. Here is a little bit about what it says:

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." 
Romans 12:10

"This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another." 
1 John 3:11

"Greet one another with a holy kiss." 
2 Corinthians 13:12

"Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ." 
Ephesians 5:21

"Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling." 
1 Peter 4:9

"By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." 
John 13:35

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." 
Ephesians 4:2

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 
1Thessalonians 5:11

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:32

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." Hebrews 10:24

There are so so so many more "one anothers" that I haven't mentioned. In fact, if you go to Bible Gatweay and search "one another" you get seven pages (176 verses) containing that phrase. Sixteen of those verses more specifically contain the phrase "love one another."

Anything God decides to include in the Bible 176 times must be pretty darn important in my honest and humble opinion.

2 comments:

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego