the one in which i list everything in my brain

Sorry folks, my first post back is going to be a deep one! Costa Rica numero dos was again, a life changing experience. I knew I would never be the same after the first one, but I didn't expect as much out of the second time. God has other plans.

This is one of the pictures of the cross our team built last year on the mountain. It overlooks the entire village of Grano de Oro. 

Timothy Jones, the missionary that we serve when we go to Grano de Oro, spoke on the Gospel of Luke while we were there. Suffice it to say that it was more than incredible. I have notes upon notes in my journal and I plan on sharing some of his thoughts and mine with you over the next few posts.

Today is just an overview of the things I plan on rambling about...here are some quotes and scripture that have been running around in my brain since last week.

"You must humble yourselves and give up your rights. That is Lordship." - TJ

"John answered them all, saying, "I baptize you with water, but he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire." - Luke 3:16

"There is too much introspection in our lives. We will be in the same place the next day. Get in your car and cry, then get out and do something." - TJ

"Your unworthiness doesn't mean you can't love someone." - TJ

"A certain moneylender had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty.  When they could not pay, he cancelled the debt of both. Now which of them will love him more?" Simon answered, "The one, I suppose, for whom he cancelled the larger debt." And he said to him, "You have judged rightly." Then turning toward the woman he said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet.  You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little." And he said to her,  "Your sins are forgiven." Then those who were at table with him began to say among themselves, "Who is this, who even forgives sins?" And he said to the woman,  "Your faith has saved you; go in peace." - Luke 7:41-50


"Then his mother and his brothers came to him, but they could not reach him because of the crowd. And he was told, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, desiring to see you." But he answered them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it." - Luke 8:19-21


"Jesus said to him,  "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God." - Luke 9:62 


I know it seems like a hodgepodge of stuff right now, but I promise I am going to connect it all. It is absolutely impossible for me to describe the trip to Costa Rica and do it any sort of justice, but it is my goal to try. 


I miss you all terribly!

1 comment:

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego