gardening

I am super excited to be starting our 2nd annual vegetable garden! I will update often on our progress this year. We learned a lot last year about what to do and what not to do. Our goal is to stay as organic as possible. My sweet husband got me The Gardener's A-Z Guide to Growing Organic Food. I am obsessed with it! It has over 201 ideas for controlling pests and disease organically! It is 481 pages of complete garden know-how. No, I have not read the whole thing!

I will get us started by listing the plants my dear husband has started from seed at work. (Maybe I should mention he works for a plant and seed company?) Later on I will include a garden plan on where/how we will lay out the plants in our little 10'x15' garden! We have:
- 3 indeterminate tomatoes
- 2 determinate tomatoes
- zucchini
- squash
- sweet banana pepper
- jalepeno

We may also have:
- red/green bell pepper

Our herbs survived the winter quite nicely (except for the basil possibly, still waiting for that one!) Our parsley was attacked by our new puppy, but is now flourishing! I love that my backyard is starting to smell like my grandmother's will all the mint that is growing! Here is a few shots of our herbs.













































So as you can see we have parsley, mint, rosemary, chives and big blank garden just waiting to be filled up! I'll keep you posted on our progress!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Its The Evans' Little House on the Greenwood Prairie :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego