great grub 16

Ok I know I said I was going to post arabic recipes for the next few great grubs...but this next recipe was sooo good I had to bump it up and share. Eric and I do brinner (breakfast for dinner) a lot! I love how cheap it is, plus I love breakfast food! So here was our Monday night brinner:

Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

Ingredients:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup fresh (or thawed frozen) blueberries
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 egg whites (or two eggs) - beaten
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil (or vegetable)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix together the two flours, baking powder and salt.

In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, egg, oil and vanilla.

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just moistened and combined. Fold in the berries.

On a lightly greased skillet set at medium-high heat, dollops batter in 1/4 cup amounts (I use a measure cup to dip and pour) to make each pancake. When bubbles appear at the top of the pancake and the edges start to look dry, flip the pancakes and cook the other sides until golden brown.

Eric ate his with maple syrup, but I prefer mine with blueberry syrup!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! We love blueberry pancakes too! And I am addicted to pure maple syrup (the real thing) but it is SOOO expensive! :-(

    ReplyDelete

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego