great grub 8

This may be the easiest thing to bake on earth! I like to believe that I am on my way to being a pretty good cook, but in no way do I think I will ever be a good baker. This is because baking takes two things I lack: patience and measurements. I never measure. Ever. I eyeball EVERYTHING! Usually this works for me, but about 7 Boston Cream Pies later I learned it does not work for baking. I have found a loophole though. I can bake something delicious using only 1 bowl, 1 spoon, and 1 measuring cup! It is none other than...

Peach Cobbler

Ingredients:
- 5 to 7 ripe peaches (or two cans drained)
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick butter
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Slice and skin peaches into wedges. Melt butter in the 8x8 glass pan in the oven. Remove from over and add the peaches. GENTLY mix flour, sugar and milk. Pour mixture over the peaches and butter and do not stir! Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear (stalkers) readers,
I love your feedback so feel free to comment away! Just don't write anything too mean because I'll cry when I delete it!
Sincerely,
You're boostin' my ego